Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 360 15z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

After 2.5 years, I found my laptop Envy 15z inflated. This issue comes from the inflated battery. You can see the battery in the attached photos. With this state, combustion and explosion will easily happen. Lucky I remove it before that happens. Very disappointed and never buy an HP laptop again.

HP battery image 2.jpgInkedHP battery image 1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for waiting! I understand your concern and to help you out, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send us a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

To assist you better, do you have a previous case number or were you in contact with the escalations team?

I understand you need assistance and I’d love to help. However, we encourage our customers to create a public post so that the conversation may help other community members find a similar solution.

Hence, I would request you to create a public post with the same query, so that you may get your answers from the various members we have in our community forums at HP.

Keep me posted.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @DL125, Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

Apologies for all the inconvenience

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue, and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now,

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest youContact HPin your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

HP Recommended

HP agent asked me to communicate in a private mail.  But they didn't or didn't want to understand the problem that comes from the design of their product. After 2.5 years, the battery could explode at any time because of a bad design or manufacturing defects. They gloss over that notebook is used for a reasonable period of time.

Bad service!

HP Recommended

And now the photos are disappeared. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for waiting! I understand your concern and to help you out, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send us a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

To assist you better, do you have a previous case number or were you in contact with the escalations team?

I understand you need assistance and I’d love to help. However, we encourage our customers to create a public post so that the conversation may help other community members find a similar solution.

Hence, I would request you to create a public post with the same query, so that you may get your answers from the various members we have in our community forums at HP.

Keep me posted.

HP Recommended

Finally, HP accepted to replace the battery of my computer without a fee.

It takes one month with some arguments with both HP US and HP France. HP US has escalated the issue to HP France to review the computer. In the beginning, both HPs processed it as normal wear but not as a health and safety risk. HP France asked me to contact their technical support. I refused and asked if they recognized the problem and if they could propose a useful solution. Finally, they classified it as a health and safety risk case. It was very quickly afterward.  It took only 3 days for review, reparation including delivery time.

HP Recommended

@DL125,

Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that the issue is resolved. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.