Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cs3075cl or 7zz53uA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have another problem i am trying to solve . First i must explain that i needed to get a faster laptop so i purchsed the Gen10 Pavilion mentioned because my gen8 similar Pavilions are not fast enough. So, i spent the bucks for greater speed. Because my gen 8 Pavilions give me messages that there is not enough memory in the software i use, not Microsoft messages. I happen to know that the software recommends using a separate graphics adapter that is independent of the CPU. So I purchased this Pavilion which has the NVIDIA GeForce MX250 4GB GDDR5. This will free up tons of memory.

Problem is that i had to use a different W10 pro from my old machine instead of the W10 pro that came with it. When i got the 2 W8 Pavilions over a year ago,  i simply got the drivers from HP over the internet. It was simple and i did not need to ask for help on this around 12-15 months ago. No problem. However, this time upgrading to W10 and gen 10, HP sent drivers that will not work with my version of W10 pro, according to the message i got when i tried to install the drivers. I paid a lot extra to get the NVIDIA GeForce MX250 4GB GDDR5 adapter inside this laptop. And i don't have drivers for it. I tried to call HP on phone and chat. No help at the low level India support. Or if i received the specifications on the NVidia adapter, i could get the Nvidia drivers from Nvidia. I really want all the drivers in a usable way. Because the gen10 drivers also add some speed. I also can not use the installed windows 10pro the way it came because it uses GPT format and i use MBR format only. I use MBR for clone purposes because i need to make clone backups every week in case there is a crash. I want to thank Mr Banhein with my previous problem about using 64gb internal memory. All i need is drivers in a usable way for the laptop. Even if i got only the Nvidia drivers alone, that would be a big step, because i have it working but just not using the Nvidia card that i paid extra for. Even if i got only the gen10 drivers that would help a lot.  Specifically, when i tried to install the HP drivers that HP sent me, At the end of installation of each driver, i received a message that the drivers failed to install because i have a different version of Windows 10 pro than the WIndows 10 Pro that came with the laptop.  I make a clone backup every week in case of crash and my system would be problematic to change from MBR to GPT mode. Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MrUserFriendly

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to back up your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows)You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.