Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elite X2 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Support Assistnt version 9.6.761.0 (which recently has been updated automatically) and it work fine. On November 3, 2020, Microsoft Store ask me to update HP Support Assistant. I did so, and the update process went fine. HP Aupport Assistant seems to work fine. It is version 9.6.838.0. 

aftr I reboot my PC, HP Suppprt Assistant no longer work. When I start the app, a dialog pop up stated that the server services is not available, then ask me to uninstall then reinstall a fresh version from HP Support Assistaant official website.

I download HP Support Assistant from HP website. It is version 9.6.714. Then I uninstall HP Support Assistant, then reboot. After reboot, I install HP Support Assistant. It extract file, then it start install process, which end up with a dialog stated that I have a newer version on my system, then the Installer close

Ending up, I cannot get HP Support Assistant to work. Please nore that there is no HP Support Frameworks in the apps apps and features add remove list. 

I have to restore my system using backup that was made with EaseUS Todo backup to get back to version 9.6.761 that work. But then Microsoft Store ask me to update again, when I do so and reboot, HP Support Assistant stop working

i try to search for HP Support Asistant in Microsoft Store and it is not available. But somehow, it pop up in update list.

This is very confusing and messy. Can any expert here help to inform why update through Microsoft a store pop up? Why version 9.6.838.0 from Microsoft Store not working, and why it pop up for update at all. 

how can I safely update HP Support Assistant? And how can I uninstall HP Support Assitant completely then reinstall it from download from HP website version 9.6.712?

please help and thank

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You have my PM and you already have another thread for same issue. Please close them once you have HPSA working normally.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.