Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have a problem.  Ok, from the start, last year my laptop died while under warranty.  Then HP sent me my current one as a replacement and my existing warranty was transferred over to this laptop.

Now In May I looked in the hp support app and noticed my warranty was about to expire (notice, not expired, about to expire on 83/2023, so I purchased a renewal.  After I purchased the renewal, I noticed the following: 1 the 'expiring on 8/3/2023' shifted to the previous laptop,  2my previous laptop now showed ‘warranty expiring on 8/3/2023’ and 3 my warranty that I purchased wasn’t credited to my account.  So now I can’t call tech support because they want me to pay, I also notified the care pack registration people and got NO response.  What can I do?

As a note, I have proof of all this and will do so if required (in private).

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jasonchambe 

New machine will have REMAINING of the previous machine. For example the  first one uses 8 months during 1 year, the second one only has 4 remaining months, NOT START GAIN.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

you didn't understand my post.  I purchased a warranty extension.  I don't know what is going on, but I have the invoice, the money left my account, I got an email/ receipt showing my purchase of a warranty extension AND I got nothing else.  It has been almost a month and I have not received an update on my hp support assistant  app on my computer.

I understand what you said.  I agree that if you received a new laptop, especially because my previous laptop died while under warranty and because it still had monthes left on my warranty, that I ger the remainder of that warranty.  I get that.  BUT!! I purchased an extension and THAT warranty, that extension hasn't been acknowledged on my HP support assistant app.  

Now, I am being told that if I call any support they are going to charge me hundreds just to talk to someone.  

So, I am here.  

HP Recommended

Hey imagine that I am also having issues with my warranty status with them telling me the same BS. I purchased an extended warranty that was to start when the original on the machine was up which was at a year old. I should have another year, but just yesterday they told me that I didn't since it starts when it is bought. How is that ok? Its like paying a full year on a computer you don't even own or know you want yet. Im ready to go up. Maybe a class action lawsuit? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.