1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Problem with the "Deep Instinct Agent"

HP Recommended
Probook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have bought an HP Probook and experiece a Problem with the "Deep Instinct Agent" process.

When I am working with Microsoft Office 2019 and Word in particular, I experience Word hanging for around 15seconds every 10minutes or so. Everytime this occurs I can see that the Deep Instinct Agent takes up 25% of the CPU power. As soon as the Deep Instinct Agent returns to idle, Word is working again.

I am not able to close the Deep Instinct Agent process and not sure what to do to uninstall it or solve the problem itself?

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,814 32,714 2,976 7,308
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@aston84 

From what little I could find out, it appears that Deep Instinct partnered with HP to produce an antivirus feature that is embedded into HP Sure Sense.

Here's all I could find on the HP product:  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06379792

You could read the information and try setting exclusions so the the Word folder(s) are not scanned for malware.  My guess is the scanning is what is locking up the PC.

There are also instructions at the end of the document for removing the prouct.

I personally find this kind of stuff VERY irritating -- and have gone to great lengths to disable Microsoft Windows Defender due to just this kind of problem.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation