Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-24-2022 09:55 AM
i am getting ready to install a 3rd external monitor and waiting on a USB device. someone told me to make sure all my drivers are up to date.
i went to the HP site and found a page that locates updates and drivers. after downloading the support assistant it directed me to a page that showed "available" drivers.
i guess i took the "available" wordage to mean "needs updating" because i clicked on the first option that had to do with firmware and bios.
i went back to the same page to get the other driver updates, so i thought and after using the assistant again it showed the same exact items including the firmware bios that i just installed. out of curiosity, i downloaded and installed it again and it did the exact same thing.
so, did it install a bunch of stuff twice?
maybe i need to vent, but is this not the year 2022? is there a way i can just find out if all my drivers are up to date?
also, i noticed my start up time was a bit longer, why?
11-01-2022 10:45 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a performance issue with your HP Notebook - 15-Dw0083wm. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Update the BIOS, & Chipset drivers to resolve this issue
- Here's the link to download and install the above updates: Click here
If the issue persists, then Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool and Update Windows.
- Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates. If updates are available, install them
- Also, open HP Support assistant on your PC and run the Performance tune-up check.
If the issue still persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in the below documents:
- HP PCs - The computer is slow when used for the first time (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Improving PC Performance (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Improving latency and reducing lag in Windows 10
I hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community