Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab293cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am reinstalling Windows 10 on to this HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab293cl.  The hard drive inside has been wiped and reformatted, so no recovery partition is available.  After installing Windows 10 v1809, I checked the Diagnostics at startup, and it gave me an error Short DST failed.  The hard drive is giving no indication whatsoever that there is an issue with it, so after some research, I see that certain drivers may have been installed out of order. 

So that I may check that diagnosis, I'd like to know the proper install order for HP drivers. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/8502667/model/103...

Can you please help me to understand,

1. If driver page listed above covers all the require drivers.

2. If there are multiple drivers then which one should I install. For example, Driver-Graphics has below 7 drivers, including Intel, AMD, and Nvidia.  I don't believe that there are switchable graphics in this laptop, so I don't think I would need AMD or Nvidia.  Intel has 4 drivers titled Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver (one of which explicitly states it is for Win 10 v1803).  Which one or should I install all of them?
Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver (10.18.15.4248 Rev.B)
Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver (20.19.15.4835 Rev.B)

Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver (21.20.16.4821 Rev.D)

Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver (Windows 10 v1803) (20.19.15.5058 Rev.B)

3. Installation order of drivers like first audio then chipset etc.

Thank you kindly for your response.  It is appreciated. 

Randy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RandyRobbins78 

Please use the following general order

https://www.pctechbytes.com/hardware/order-to-install-drivers/

For multiple drivers, normally use the latest one. Sometimes you have to install an older driver which matches the year your machine was built.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@RandyRobbins78 

Please use the following general order

https://www.pctechbytes.com/hardware/order-to-install-drivers/

For multiple drivers, normally use the latest one. Sometimes you have to install an older driver which matches the year your machine was built.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Great information to have.  Thank you kindly, Banhien. 

Randy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.