Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pantlesspenguin
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Prt Sc button not working

I just got this computer (G71) a couple weeks ago.  I tried taking a screen capture the normal way, the Prt Sc button, then pasting into word.  However, I'd press the Prt Sc button & I don't have the ability to past into word!  The paste option is grayed out, & Ctrl V doesn't work, either.  Help!

6 REPLIES 6
lperkins52
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my new laptop, I thought it might be because I was not used to the new OP. When I was looking for information on it I found your post so I guess I'm not the only one with the problem and it is probably not due to the OP. I hope someone can help soon because I need it for a online class.

0 Kudos
neumans2000
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP laptop info - See the key that has "fn" on it? See how it has a box around it? That is the Function key. Holding it down and pressing any of the other keys that have a box around them activates the secondary function of that key. So, in order to Print Screen, hold down the FN key and hit the Insert key.

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
46,973 41,230 4,497 11,731
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pantlesspenguin wrote:

I just got this computer (G71) a couple weeks ago.  I tried taking a screen capture the normal way, the Prt Sc button, then pasting into word.  However, I'd press the Prt Sc button & I don't have the ability to past into word!  The paste option is grayed out, & Ctrl V doesn't work, either.  Help!

Try holding the Ctrl key and then tapping the PrtScr key and then Ctrl-V to WordPad..  You can verify that a keyboard problem exists by plugging in a usb keyboard and trying the PrtScr routine.

regards,

erico

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped by clicking on the
MalushVi
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mine is not working as well. I did Ctr as well and it is still not working. I know my keyboard functions good, though there is no chance to screenshot

0 Kudos
Level 11
Level 11
2,487 2,428 300 922
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

In order to print screen, you must hold down the alt button and then hit prt sc. Now try pasting the picture in. You can also use snipping tool and utilize "full screen snip."

Regards,

kem579

0 Kudos
George2014
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem, it happened after fixing my laptop by HP New York. I tried to use the function button, it works with all the functions except print screen.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation