Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello world,

I am having issues with my HP Command Center after using it on my new HP ENVY x360 for a week now. It worked just fine for the first days.

Now, it was not opening using the keyboard key and by starting the software from the Taskbar, it did not show any device information and would not save any of the four possible thermal options (default, performance, cool, quiet).

After updating the BIOS and re-installing the HP Support Assistant-App and the HP Command Center-App (the last one via Microsoft Store US), I was able to run the HP Command Center again. It shows every device information and saves the thermal mode selected.

The last problem I have is, that it does not show the last thermal mode - Quiet Mode.  If it was shown at the beginning, I assume, that my 2020 ENVY x360 supports this mode as well.

How to make it appear in HP Command Center again, if reinstall did not fix the issue?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Mart-Bart Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to open the omen command center.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

I suggest you first uninstall the software completely from the control panel > programs 

Next, run the SFC scan. you can refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Then download the latest Omen Command Center from this Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/omen-command-center/9nqdw009t0t5?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately this not a Omen Laptop, so it is not the Omen Command Center, that causes issues, but the HP Command Center, Pre-Installed on my 2020 HP Envy x360.

Even the steps mentioned and installing the Omen Command Center did not fix the problem....

HP Recommended

@Mart-Bart

I understand your concerns.

Please ignore the previous message.

Please uninstall the HP command center and install it from the Microsoft store.

To change the setting after HP Command Center has been uninstalled:

1. Re-install HP Command Center from the Microsoft Store:

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9P92N00QV14J

2. Open the HP Command Center.
  3. Select Thermal Profiles.
  4. Click Learn more...
  5. Switch CoolSense to Off.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hi, 

many thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately, I don`t have a "Learn more" button in the Thermal Profile. The Command Center looks exactly like at the begining, with one major difference: the last Profile (Quiet Mode) does not appear in the software at the moment.

Best regards,

M.

HP Recommended

@Mart-Bart

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the system reset.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.