Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a 4gb DDR4 of speed 2133Mhz ram installed in my laptop. In most times, I use chrome and other small applications but my ram usage shows 60-80%. Even If I didn't run any applications, still it shows above 50%. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Kishore_Kumar 

Welcome !

This is normal/expected behaviour with computers nowadays and your operating system (Windows 10), Chrome browser, etc.

Nothing to worry about.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Now, I thought of installing another 8gb with same speed. Some told that installing different capacity would harm my pc. Should I opt for the same 4gb or can I do it with 8gb? And should I use the same brand? Currently I have A-data brand in my system and I thought of buying 8gn crucial? 

HP Recommended

Hello @Kishore_Kumar 

Having more/smaller or same capacity of RAM (4GB/8GB/16GB, etc) does not matter here and will not hard your system. It will just not work (or work at all).

What may cause issues is if the type of the RAM ( and frequency) is different and not compatible.

Looking forward to your reply

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.

My lap product name is HP Laptop 15-bs0xx and Product number is 2EY83PA#ACJ. 

As I started using some of the visualisation tools, current ram is not feasible to work.

Awaiting your response. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.