Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello!
Theas are all my hp devices, The software of ALL is up to date. I'm logged in in all those devices with the same account.
But for example here in the picture attached you can see that the Support Assistent tells me that there are 29 updates open at my Notebook and that is not true. What sense makes this all? 

Anmerkung 2020-08-11 173036.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hc_vie 

HP Support Assistant is usually accurate when reporting for Updates on the local system (where HPSA is installed).

HP Support Assistant is not able to track what is current on "other" devices, that is, devices that have been "added" to the local installation device list.

Yeah, it is probably a bug - it is at least a limitation.

If you are interested in doing so, you can remove the "remote" device from the local device list > Restart the computer and log in > (Re)Add the device to your list.  Until that device is once again updated, the list of updates may be accurate.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I removed am re-added my devices a few times, in different ways and in different orders with no success.
it's a litte bit frustrating. Will there come a release, were this bug or limitation is solved? If no, i guess i will remove the Support Assistent.

HP Recommended

@hc_vie 

If you are not using it, the HP Support Assistant can certainly be uninstalled.

HPSA is not mandatory.

I would guess that new versions - as in the past - will be released on occasion.

Our Community does not receive any inside information on release activity.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.