Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Paul_Tikkanen is a real star so I'm hoping this post will find its way to him.

I cannot stop punishing myself for ridiculously and accidentally uninstalling the "Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver". I have looked high and low for a driver but cannot seem to run into the correct one.

I still have both "Realtek Card Reader" and "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver" installed.

Any thoughts? Much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If the Realtek ethernet controller is listed under the Network Adapters device manager category, and reports working normally, then you are good to go.

That driver I posted was from your notebook's support page, so I know it is the right one.

Why that happened, unfortunately that I do not know.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I forgot to add my product number to my original post: G0T55AV.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the link to the Realtek ethernet driver you need...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72141.exe

HP Recommended

Paul, thanks! "Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver" is back on my "Uninstall or change a program" list. Not touching it, trust me! 🙂

For you records, just thought I'd let you know that half-way through the very quick install I got an error message that read "FindFile failed." I clicked OK and the installed went on without any other glitches. Should this be a concern?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If the Realtek ethernet controller is listed under the Network Adapters device manager category, and reports working normally, then you are good to go.

That driver I posted was from your notebook's support page, so I know it is the right one.

Why that happened, unfortunately that I do not know.

HP Recommended

Perfect. Once again, can't thank you enough!!!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.