cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Recover Product Key

HP Recommended
g5 250
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I need my product key to activate MS office. Where can i find it? HP laptop g5 250

Not placed behind the notebook

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
26,128 26,061 2,387 5,668
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nomercy

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

It really depends on the version of MS Office.

With MS Office 2010 and earlier, the product key was stored in the registry when the product was activated.  Those registry entries can be retrieved using a product known as Belarc Advisor: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Starting with Office 2013, MS introduced something known as Click-To-Run (CTR) and in these cases, the product key is ONLY stored on the MS Activation servers, as the product is downloaded and installed from MS.  IF you have one of these versions, you can ONLY get the product key from your MS Office online account.

If the product was NOT installed, then when you got the PC, you also got a card containing the product key.  If you lost that, you are out of luck, as HP does not keep any record of individual product keys associated with individual PCs.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation