Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-dr1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey there comunity!
I just bought a new HP Envy x360 convertible 15.6" and I'm having a weird issue with Sketchup pro 2020 running on the Nvidia MX250 card in Windows 10 …

All modeling seem to go well until I select a face, then the mouse cursor starts jumping around and gets a circle around it (Issue won't appear in screenshots). The issue seems to amplify the closer I am to the surface in question, as it had something to do with zoom or how much of the screen is covered by it (?). I also noticed that when selecting a face, the little blue dots that show it is selected appeared outside the face itself and even outside the software window in a "ghostly" fashion (like low opacity).

I did work a couple of days on it with no issue, but my workflow is based on components so I did little face selection, the issue arrose when i tried to zoom in for detailing, I tried new files in case it was a file size problem and it happens with as little as one face modeled. I must note that in between starting the model and the issue appeared I updated windows to 1909, but I updated it again today to the 2004 vesion and the issue persisted.

I tried another USB mouse, another bluetooth mouse and the trackpad and nothing changed.

I tried disabling the touch screen as the circle around the cursor made me think it could be related, but solved nothing.
I updated the Nvidia drivers. No change.
I updated the Intel graphics drivers too just in case. No change.
I updated windows. Nothing…
I tested runing Sketchup with the integrated Intel graphics. Had the same problem.
I tried installing Sketchup Pro 2017. Same issue.

I tried all Driver Updates from both the Device manager and The HP site.

I found a thread with a similar problem in a Sketchup forum and two users had a similar experience, oddly enough with diferent configurations of the same HP Envy x360 Convertible (one with AMD vega 8 and the other integrated intel graphics).

Someone there nothed that it might be that the GeForce MX250 was not sturdy enough for the software but my last HP laptop had a Radeon R5 and had no issue so i doubt it.

Is there a possibility that the issue is related to the HP Envy itself rather than software?

Anyone here using a similar configuration to mine in Sketchup? or maybe experiences using it with Nvidia MX250?

I need to find a fix within 20 days so in case it has something to do with the HP Envy model I can return it, but I really like this laptop and would love to keep it if this can be solved.

my setup:
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-dr1xxx

intel i7 10510U
12 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce MX250     Version: 27.21.14.5167 (7-5-2020)

Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit

Sorry for the long post, looking forwart to reading you guys, Cheers!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@tccharles

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you experiencing any issues with any other application or program as well?

Let us know 🙂

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Haven't really had the chance to test others.

Do you have a software in mind that might be affected similarly and would point to a cause?

I could try it out.

Thanks

HP Recommended

We would't know that. Do try it out and keep us posted 🙂

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.