Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
L2W43EA#ABU 15-g255sa
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

As we are going to change our broadband provider in the next few week's I am trying to get everything ready for the changeover as we have two laptop's two printers and a ipad.two questions 1,will we need the software disc for the changeover and 2 as I seem unable to locate it probably due to our house move a month ago is it possible to get a replacement disc. Should we have a user manual as canot see one and not sure if we got one with the notepad.Any help advice appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your welcome.

Let me know if you need further help.

All the best,

David

Please click on accept as solution if answered question

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi,

There should be no problem changing your broadband provider. Once changed just connect the PCs, Tablet and printer to the new Wifi network. You will not need any particular software.

Anyway, here is link to HP support page for your notebook where you can find the user guides, software, drivers and much more.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-g200-notebook-pc-series/7486438/model/7668602/manuals?sku...

Let me know if you need any further help,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Thank's for your prompt reply I clicked on your link and then clicked on what I wanted but seemed unable to either open it and when I chose save as  again could not open it.

HP Recommended

Your welcome. The guides are all in pdf. Anyway, maybe try to use a different Browser. I am using Chrome and Adobe reader. Just checked and could open the guides. If you can tell me the exact guide you need. I can check to see if it works on my computer.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

I open a lot of my documents using Chrome but it did not seem to give me a option to use Chrome

HP Recommended

I have now downloaded it and saved it in my documents. Thank's Again

HP Recommended

Your welcome.

Let me know if you need further help.

All the best,

David

Please click on accept as solution if answered question

HP Recommended

There is one other thing I amnot sure about when we get the new router and it is plugged in will everything then work.We have two laptop's two printer's and a ipad which are all run wireless.Is there anything else to do after powering up the router.

HP Recommended

You will need to set up each device again. Find the Wifi network connect and insert the password. The new router will have the password included, usually written on the bottom or back. You will need to do with each device.

Another way is to connect the computer directly to router with network cable and access the wifi settings. In ssid insert the same name as the one used in old router (the name of the wifi connection) and then also change the password and make it the same as the one you used on the old router (old wifi network). By doing this all the devices will automatically connect to the network as network id and password remian the same.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Thank's for that so when the router is plugged in I do it by connecting each device individually.Where say for example do I go on my laptop to enter the router details.I can hopefully sort out the printersI am presuming I need to enter the router details on both laptops and the ipad but sure where to go to to enter thoe details.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.