Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilon g7
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Can anyone tell me how to get F12 (wifi) key to work once again. Will not turn blue when depressed. Router wifi is enabled and had been working.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RipSnorter1 

You're talking about two very different functions.

While you could reprogram the key to perform a different function (which you should NOT do), you can not reprogram the LED to light on different actions.  That is hardwired into the circuity of the laptop.

If the LED does not work properly, your only option is to take it to a laptop repair facility to see if then can figure it out.  HP does not do these kind of repairs, so you would have to seek elsewhere.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.