Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 450 G2
Windows 8
I created an a BIOS account on my HP ProBook 450 G2 and after restarting I have been unable to login using the same password I created it with. When powered on it will ask "Enter Password" and I will enter the password, then it will ask "Enter Password Again" and I'll do so, then again it asks "Enter Password Again" and I enter. After this it takes me to a page that says "On-Screen Keyboard" and I enter my password using the onscreen keyboard. Then it displays the Authentication Failed page saying System Locked. Press the power button to restart the system. How can I solve this problem? Your help will be highly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Is there a lockout code?

Normally that is shown on HP notebooks after three incorrect entries of a BIOS admin password. It should be numeric.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi 

I am in the same situation like senjama

First turned on BIOS pass, added administrator password, then added a user  named "user". There i could choose rights for user(admin, or simple user). I took admin.

The setup didnt ask me to set password for the user account. There were an option to reset password, nothing happened when clicked it. Then i thought it is because settinsgs need to be saved. Saved, F10, etc, reboot.

HP Probook 450 G2 ask me for password for "user". 

I didnt set up any password for this user...

Can't change to admin account, nothing helps.

Boot options blocked, ask forr password too.

How can I unlock the notebook?

Is there any default pass for user? or can I switch user for BIOS login?

PLS help me

HP Recommended

Hi, I've just done the same thing tonight. I set up a BIOS account on my new Probook 450 G2 but it doesn't want to accept my password & I'm now locked out. I noticed there was a default HP BIOS account too but I can't even navigate the menus now to find that one. Please help.

HP Recommended

I've got the same problem: HP Probook 450 G2 - J4S34EA#ABZ

There's a password to enter the BIOS but I didn't set it, should be factory preset.

I need to access BIOS to enable vt-x , vitualization.

thank you in advance

Andrea

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.