Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
senjama Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reset BIOS password

HP Probook 450 G2
Windows 8
I created an a BIOS account on my HP ProBook 450 G2 and after restarting I have been unable to login using the same password I created it with. When powered on it will ask "Enter Password" and I will enter the password, then it will ask "Enter Password Again" and I'll do so, then again it asks "Enter Password Again" and I enter. After this it takes me to a page that says "On-Screen Keyboard" and I enter my password using the onscreen keyboard. Then it displays the Authentication Failed page saying System Locked. Press the power button to restart the system. How can I solve this problem? Your help will be highly appreciated.
4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
45640 4311 10956
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reset BIOS password

Is there a lockout code?

Normally that is shown on HP notebooks after three incorrect entries of a BIOS admin password. It should be numeric.

Click on the Thumbs up to say thanks .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
Hudiny1 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reset BIOS password

Hi 

I am in the same situation like senjama

First turned on BIOS pass, added administrator password, then added a user  named "user". There i could choose rights for user(admin, or simple user). I took admin.

The setup didnt ask me to set password for the user account. There were an option to reset password, nothing happened when clicked it. Then i thought it is because settinsgs need to be saved. Saved, F10, etc, reboot.

HP Probook 450 G2 ask me for password for "user". 

I didnt set up any password for this user...

Can't change to admin account, nothing helps.

Boot options blocked, ask forr password too.

How can I unlock the notebook?

Is there any default pass for user? or can I switch user for BIOS login?

PLS help me

0 Kudos
soshea10 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reset BIOS password

Hi, I've just done the same thing tonight. I set up a BIOS account on my new Probook 450 G2 but it doesn't want to accept my password & I'm now locked out. I noticed there was a default HP BIOS account too but I can't even navigate the menus now to find that one. Please help.

0 Kudos
AndreaPogliozzy Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reset BIOS password

I've got the same problem: HP Probook 450 G2 - J4S34EA#ABZ

There's a password to enter the BIOS but I didn't set it, should be factory preset.

I need to access BIOS to enable vt-x , vitualization.

thank you in advance

Andrea

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation