Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop product ID: 4J5QUA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Trying to hook up Ethernet along with 3x monitors to this laptop (have a laptop power cord).

Obviously this laptop has no Ethernet port and so we are trying to find a hub or docking station that can be the Ethernet link to the laptop, but can also feed to the other monitors. 

We were thinking to buy the HP Spectre USB-C Travel (2SR85AA#ABL)  - do you think this will work? And do what we need please?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Zany1,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Could you please check the product ID of the laptop? I can't find any results for 4J5QUA#ABA. There should be 7 alphanumerics before the #. Examples include:

• HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0028ca or 5MT98UA#ABL
  • HP ENVY x360 - 15-dr0042nb or 6EL70EA#UUG
  • HP Notebook - 17-by0003na or 4AP04EA#ABU
  • OMEN by HP 15-dc1030nr or 6FE64UA#ABA
  • HP EliteBook 850 G5 Notebook PC or 3JX11EA#ABU

Information on how to find a laptop's product name or product number is detailed in this HP document. (Please do not post serial numbers on the HP Support Community. The difference between a product number and a serial number is that the product number contains a # sign)

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Thank you Eddy.

Sorry I just rechecked and think I may have typed incorrectly the product ID - it is:
4J5Q2UA#ABA

Thanks for your help:)
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, the 4J5Q2UA (HP Laptop 15-ef1300wm) has a data transfer only USB-C port, according to specifications. So the display output ports on the Spectre Travel Dock you mentioned would not work. Any sort of large dock or Thunderbolt 3 dock would be a waste of money since the majority of its ports would not function.

For Ethernet, you can use a USB A to Ethernet adapter, perhaps even a USB-C to USB A + Ethernet hub, and as for the additional monitors, you can technically try out a USB A to HDMI adapter that I have recommended a few times on this forum. It's not the most elegant or reliable solution, however.

You can try it out and return it since Amazon has a flexible return policy.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.