Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
laptop Pavillion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am struggling with this problem after installing the last update for Windows 10 (November 2019).

I have already reinstalled from scratch Windows 10 November 2019 with the same result.

The notebook is very slow, I observe a delay on mouse movements (both for the touchpad and also for USB external mouses) and also by typing on the keyboard.

Hence I suspect there is some incompatibility with the last version of Windows 10 and some drivers: the delay may be related to continuos interrupts that occupy in a significant way the CPU (a basic AMD cpu).

In the task list I see the process "System" which is always at 17-20% of cpu usage.

Up to now I tried the following solutions with no results:

- updating all the drivers via HP Support Assistant (including updating the bios)

- updating all the drivers via Driver Booster

- disabling & updating/reinstalling the driver of Realtek High Audio Definition

- reinstalling the driver for the integrated AMD graphic module

Have you any suggestions? I guess that the problem is related to a specifc hw element and its driver...how can I trace / identify the guilty hw element?

Finally, notice that inside the BIOS I can't find any option for Disk management and AHCI....my guess was also to try to change some configuration inside the BIOS but actually there are no extended options to change.

Many thanks,

Diego,

Italy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SOLVED: uninstalled the amd driver, using the Microsoft One of default, problem SOLVED, CPU ok no High usate 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Update: analyzing the internal threads of the system process (with process Explorer)the guilty Is atikdmag.sys, a file related to AMD (internal graphics card in my case or also the CPU amd-a4).

Now I Will try to change the amd driver May Be using the Microsoft One.

I'll keep you updated.

HP Recommended

SOLVED: uninstalled the amd driver, using the Microsoft One of default, problem SOLVED, CPU ok no High usate 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.