Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

From time to time I get this error message....SPuvcbv64.sys... and my laptop restarts.  Things work fine until the next time.  What is this and how can I correct it?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try completlyupdating the PC and see if the problem continues. Here is a small guide;

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/New-notebook-running-slow/ta-p/7057949

Do you have other devices attached to the PC?

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

I have nothing attached to my laptop.  I have run HP Support Ass't and all checks out OK..I ran HP PC Hardware

Diagnostic Windows and all passed there too.  But, when I ran sfc /scannow, I got a message saying that there were corrupt files that could not be fixed....something to do with CBS log files(?)  I'm using Win 10 v 1903.

HP Recommended

After some research, I ran the following:  dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and the sfc /scannow was able to fix any corrupt files that it didn't before.  I'll see what happens later...the error doesn't always appear.

HP Recommended

After a few days, the error warning did appear again and the laptop reloaded itself.  I ran  sfc  /scannow and all was OK.  I tried running HP scans available on my computer and everything checks out. .My laptop seems to be functioning OK....and then I get the warning...it's annoying.  Can anything be done about this?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I can confirm the same issue on my HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2. Problem started recently.

Ran "dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" as administrator followed by a "sfc /scannow". Still had errors. Ran again, with no reboot, and it finally succeeded.

The file is the driver for the "HP HD Camera", located in Device Manager under "Cameras".  v 3.7.8.2. The driver version that is crashing is "Sunplus Innovation Technologies Inc. v6.0.0.124" It is located in C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ as a 719KB (737,192 bytes) file. 

Right click on device. Did an update drivers and it installed v 5.0.8.14 dated 12/13/2018. A whole lot more files are part of this package and the Sunplus drivers to "SPITDevMft64.dll"

Hoping this fixes it.

HP Recommended
Thank you for your reply. I have limited computer knowledge, so I need further clarification....sorry. I'm not sure which device I should right click on as stated in your last paragraph....and what is meant by your last statement leading up to "SPITDevMft64.dll" Sorry to be a pain. 😞
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.