Did you mean: 
Dg60419
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Set up cartridge HPEnvy5055

HP Recommended
HP Envy 5055

I’m setting my new printer (HP Envy 5055)...I put in the ink cartridges (65 XL, both black and tri-color). I do not have the set-up cartridges. And I’m getting the message to insert the set-up cartridges.

Is there any way to get information on how to bypass that message?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,665 12,443 1,306 4,290
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dg60419  New printers come with setup cartridges. Are you saying yours didn't have them when you opened the box?

Some printers can bypass the setups, some cannot.

I dont know if your Envy  5055 can or not. Take a look at the video below. See if you can find a similar setting to enable Trade OOBE Supplies or similar.

https://youtu.be/NKRse6WjNOo?t=41

If not, you may have to contact HP Support and explain the issue. They would have to send a set of setup cartridges.

Contact Official HP® Support | HP® Customer Support

This happens a lot on many HP printers when you buy a printer from a returns lot, there is a good chance someone returned the printer without setup cartridge...
0 Kudos
Dg60419
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for replying. The printer I purchased is refurbished so it did not come with ink. I put in genuine hp ink and that is the message I got. The video you sent did not help as that option is not available in the ENVY 5055 menu.

0 Kudos
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,665 12,443 1,306 4,290
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK then, contact HP support via the link I gave. They can help you further with getting setups.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation