Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Could HP produce software enabling users to set  'terminate charge bit'  to 80%? 

Refer to the following article for details https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00596784#c00596784_calib

Major laptop makers offer the simple option which is belived to extend lifespan of batteries.

Simply going by personal experience this appears to extend the lifespan significantly whilst in majority of situations typical users can get around without fully charged battery.  Benefit of the option is obvious.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I'm searching for such a tool too for my HP Spectre x360 15-ch032 Convertible since I use it a half a week only AC-Powered.

Please HP give us such a Software like many other Vendors do (ASUS --> https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1032726/ or Dell or Medion or Lenovo).. PLEASE!!!

The only reason in my opinion why HP doesn't offer such a Tool is to degrade or kill battery early after 2 years.. thats sad, isn't it?

HP Recommended

I am asking for Battery threshold feature!

I have two HP laptops, Folio G1 and x360 G2, both got swolen battery

I keep them plugged in most of the time and they are less than two year old, so having two failing is really bad. It potentially proves HP wrong in their opinion that lithium polimer batteries are ok to be kept 100% and/or that their battery controller FW is at fault! In any case, something is wrong, so until they fix it, conservative measure that would almost guaranteed work is to add manual battery threshold.

So, HP please manual threshold setting!

HP Recommended

I just got back from replacing a bloated battery where it cracked my x360 G2 bottom. It happened just 8 months after I bought it, and I have to wait for nearly a month to get a replacement battery. I might as well just remove the battery and use it like a desktop. This is truly unacceptable where a simple firmware tweak can solve it.

Considering my 7 years old Sony VAIO from 2012 is still live and kicking. This is just sad.

HP Recommended

There is a HP AC Power Control app but not sure for what it is used sounds more it is for developing countries and it does the oposite.

HP-AC-Power-Control.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.