Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ed1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Should I upgrade Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers (Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics Ver 30.0.100.9) if my laptop has installed the graphic card of NVIDIA GeForce MX450.   Intel Driver Support Assistant reminds me install the new upgrade but a warning is given as follows:

Installing this graphics driver from Intel may remove customizations from your computer manufacturer (OEM).

If a newer graphics driver is available from Hewlett-Packard (HP), we recommend you install that driver instead. To learn more about installing an Intel driver on your OEM system, refer to this article. If you encounter any issues with the Intel driver, please report them to us.

Please tell whether my model suits to upgrade Intel graphic driver, many thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@mkfchow1 

No you can't upgrade video cards on your machine because they come with the system board.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

it would depend if its given by windows or if its given by the intel graphics center to your computer, or else never update any of them it might get bad

HP Recommended

it is basically like a Nvidia geforce game ready driver

HP Recommended

This update directly comes from official website of Intel.  I just downloaded the Intel Driver Support Assistant and it would automatically inform you when there is any Intel driver updates.

HP Recommended

So do I update it for a better video resolution?

HP Recommended

Yes I know but the driver come directly from Intel.......

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.