Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

from where can i download SimplePass? Google returns only 3rd party sites and i'm not sure i can trust them?

Thanks in advance,

Petar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

As I wrote the other day...use the HP Client Security Manager software...that is really the correct software to use for your business-class notebook PC.  The Simplepass software is for consumer-class notebook PC's.

Uninstall the simplepass software before installing the Client Security Manager software and restart the PC.

HP Client Security Manager provides enhanced Windows login and website single-sign-on capabilities. Security Manager is also the host for HP Client Security plugins, and therefore should be installed before other Client Security modules. This package is provided for supported models running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74933.exe

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't believe you can use simplepass on your model. 

You have to use the client security manager software on your notebook's support page in order to use the fingerprint reader.

In any event, here is the W7 simplepass software link you requested...

This package contains the HP SimplePass Identity Protection Software for the supported notebook models and operating systems. This software protects identity information and account access using the computer owner's fingerprint.

8.01.62 Rev.A   Aug 5, 2016

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76923.exe

HP Recommended

It worked very well. But since last windows update it stopped working on logon

HP Recommended

OK.

I didn't know that you tried it before.

If the file I provided doesn't work, use the Client Security Manager software.

That is the latest and last revision.

HP Recommended

I reinstalled it. And still doesn't work. Any ideas how i can use fingerprint sensor to logon on WIndows?

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, HP ProBook 450 G2 (hstnn-c82c)

HP Recommended

Hi:

As I wrote the other day...use the HP Client Security Manager software...that is really the correct software to use for your business-class notebook PC.  The Simplepass software is for consumer-class notebook PC's.

Uninstall the simplepass software before installing the Client Security Manager software and restart the PC.

HP Client Security Manager provides enhanced Windows login and website single-sign-on capabilities. Security Manager is also the host for HP Client Security plugins, and therefore should be installed before other Client Security modules. This package is provided for supported models running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74933.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks.
For quite some time i couldn't install either 32 or 64 bit versions. Now everything is back to normal. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Question:  Is this still an issue?

If so, is it the fingerprint reader?

If, not then I can't help you.  But if it is specifically the FP reader, then I have a solution.  Also the solution will allow you to use the currnt version of HP CLient Securty with your HP model.  Essentially putting SimplePass to bed.

Let me know ASAP.  I am only online twice a week, but I respond to Email daily.

The RomDoodle!...

HP Recommended

Saludos, sera que me podrias ayudar, tengo una HP Touchsmart tm2 2180LA y de fabrica trajo y funcionaba con todos los navegadores, el programa Digital Persona FingerPrint software v5.1.0.175 A (HP Simple Pass 5.10.175) sp50048 eso fue por alla por el 2012 en el 2015 y a medida q pasaba el tiempo fui actualizando los drivers y diferentes programas entre ellos el del Lector de Huellas ya mencionado, en el 2015 cambia a HP SimplePass Identity Protection Software 8.01.46a   sp71729 y funcionaba de mil maravillas tambien, firefox 41 funcionaba a la perfeccion pero hoy me pongo a actualizar y encuentro de nuevo una actualizacion esta vez 8.01.62a   sp76923, en el foro dice que ademas es la ultima version y que es compactible con firefox 47 hoy en dia esta Firefox 60.1, por seguir usando el lector de huellas descargue la version 47 de firefox pero sigue sin funcionar, mi lector es un Validity Sensor (WBF) VFS301 con drivers 4.4.232.0, gracias de antemano dejo mi correo por alguna cosa [edit]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.