Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Dv6000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HI

I have HP pavilion DV6T-6000 CTO notebook bought in 2011. Its I7 processor and it came with Hp simplepass fingerprint login. It used to work fine. Few months ago, i upgraded to windows 10 but had some issues, so i went back to windows 7 from bootable windows 7 usb i got from some friend.  There i needed to download all drivers one by one from HP website.

I downloaded validity finder print sensor and Hp simple pass 2011 as well. I installed and enrolled finger print. 

But now it does not works for logging in to windows, but only after logging in , if i lock the window and use swipe, it works.

BUt why not to log in which it used to work originally. 

I checked device manager - > bio metric device- > properties-> under power management . It shows two check box

1. Allow the computer to turn off device to save power - which is checked on

2. Allow this device to wake up the computer - This is unchecked and also disabled - Is this the reason for it to not work?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@tipurmadan

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, update the BIOS

1. Open a web browser and go to HP Software and Driver Downloads, then enter your product number.

2. Select the operating system currently on the computer, scroll down, and then expand BIOS.

The latest BIOS version download is listed.

3. If the BIOS available on the web site is a later version, download and install it. See HP Notebook PCs - Locate and Install Updated BIOS, Drivers, and Software for instructions.

If the BIOS is up-to-date, see if biometric support is enabled.

To check your BIOS for biometric support and enable it:

1. Press the Power button to start the computer, and press the F10 key to open the BIOS setup utility.

2. Under System Configuration, look for a Biometric Device option; if it exists, enable it.

3. Press F10 to save this setting and restart the computer.

If a biometric option does not exist in your BIOS, then the fingerprint reader is always enabled. Next, see if Windows supports the fingerprint reader.

Check for Windows support

To see if Windows supports the fingerprint reader on your computer:

1. Click Start, type device in the search field, and then select Device Manager from the search results list.

Figure : Search results list

Search results list with Device Manager selected
  2. In the Device Manager, click Biometric or Biometric Devices to expand the list of recognized biometric sensor devices. The fingerprint sensor is listed as a Validity Sensor or AuthenTec Sensor, depending on the model number of your computer.

Figure : Biometric Validity Sensor

Device Manager with Biometric Validity Sensor selected
  3. If there is no Biometric entry, then Windows cannot identify the fingerprint reader hardware. This is because the hardware may not be installed on the notebook, or it may be damaged. Contact HP for technical support or repair service.

If there is a Biometric entry, then Windows supports the device.

To make sure the Windows device driver for the fingerprint reader is up-to-date; follow the steps in Updating the device driver.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.