Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 8570p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I recetly installed Alcor Smart Card Reader driver for Windows 10, in order to use Smart card in my HP EliteBook 8570p. When I insert card, the reader recognize it and I can use my it normaly, with the software I supose to. After I eject the card and put it back again, the reader is not responding. I tried this with 4 different types of cards and it is the same scenario. Only when I restart my laptop, the moment when I log in to Windows 10, if I insert card it will work, but the moment I eject it and try it again or just try another card it won't work.

Keep in mind that with every card, I:
1. Restart PC, insert card, wait until Windows recognize it and than use it
2. Every time I insert any card, at any time, in the "Device Manager" I see that Device Manager reports that the card reader is active, under "Smart Card Readers > Alcor Micro USB Smart Card Reader" field.

What should I do?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello,

install the Alcor driver with the setup.exe from

https://support.hp.com/ch-de/document/c04035250

it works for me!

HP Recommended

I try this, but, unforunately, it didn't work.
Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

in the "services.msc" the starttyp from the smartcard-service must set to "automatically"

HP Recommended

Actualy, I did that and it's still not working. I think drivers for Windows 10 are messy.

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.