Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ZBook 17 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have a but of a weird quesion regarding these two update software applications. They both give me two different versions of drivers when i update. 

If i update via softpaq, support assistance gives a notice saying the driver need an urgent update and if i update the spport assistant, softpaq tells me I have an important update waiting. They are both two different versions of divers.

So which one is the proper one to install and which update manager is the better one to use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PadraigOCuinn

Download, save, and install Drivers in your computer's Driver Support Page:

HP ZBook 17 G4 Mobile Workstation - Software and Drivers

In rare instances, there will be something newer -- for example, you might receive an HP Alert that indicates an update is necessary for security.  Even in this case, most of the time, the Driver Support page will reflect either the same package or maybe something even newer.

HP Support Assistant is supposed to pull the appropriate drivers -- nonetheless, to be sure you are getting what you expect, it is best to at least confirm drivers by checking the Driver Support page. 

When there is a conflict, prefer the drivers in the Support page.

Reminder:  Do not use the HPSA to install BIOS updates.

Driver Management for Business class computers

Business Systems - Client Management Solutions (software management)

Business computers can make use of HP SoftPaq Download Manager (SDM)

Excerpted:

Version Softpaq # Date OS Softpaq Exe Release Notes

4.3.19.0sp8114607/7/2017Windows (Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)sp81146.exesp81146.html

How-to and Instructions:

HP Notebook PCs - Using HP SoftPaq Download Manager

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@PadraigOCuinn

Download, save, and install Drivers in your computer's Driver Support Page:

HP ZBook 17 G4 Mobile Workstation - Software and Drivers

In rare instances, there will be something newer -- for example, you might receive an HP Alert that indicates an update is necessary for security.  Even in this case, most of the time, the Driver Support page will reflect either the same package or maybe something even newer.

HP Support Assistant is supposed to pull the appropriate drivers -- nonetheless, to be sure you are getting what you expect, it is best to at least confirm drivers by checking the Driver Support page. 

When there is a conflict, prefer the drivers in the Support page.

Reminder:  Do not use the HPSA to install BIOS updates.

Driver Management for Business class computers

Business Systems - Client Management Solutions (software management)

Business computers can make use of HP SoftPaq Download Manager (SDM)

Excerpted:

Version Softpaq # Date OS Softpaq Exe Release Notes

4.3.19.0sp8114607/7/2017Windows (Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)sp81146.exesp81146.html

How-to and Instructions:

HP Notebook PCs - Using HP SoftPaq Download Manager

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer Dragon-Fur. 

softpaq nvidia version is 382.16 Rev F - Also website

support centre nvidia version is 382.16 Rev FP ( I am not sure the P is a typo as ive had this issue before with drivers)

HP Recommended

@PadraigOCuinn

Ah, found it in my HPSA Action List (updates already installed) for my Zbook 17 G3 -- the "p2" at the end of the version description stands for "Pass 2".

Nvidia Driver download and information page from your G4:

NVIDIA Video Driver and Control Panel

Open Associated Files > Click on Download (actually just opens the html info file)

Excerpted from the release file:

TITLE: NVIDIA Video Driver and Control Panel
VERSION: 382.16 REV: F PASS: 2

DESCRIPTION: 
This package provides the NVIDIA video drivers and Control Panel for the supported notebook models that are running a supported operating systems.

PURPOSE: Critical
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP81283.exe

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Cheers for all that Dragon :). it's great to see even in the dead of night over here people are still helping out on the forum.  12.35am in Ireland. 

HP Recommended

@PadraigOCuinn

3:42 p.m. here on the West Coast of the US.

Have to love the English HP forum -- we have Experts all over the world in many time zones.

:generic:

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.