Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15t

I am looking a buying this 2-in-1 which comes with BOTH a 1TB HD and a 128GB SSD. Does HP provide any software to automatically balance the load between these two drives?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No there is no way to balance the load. The 128 gig SSD will run Windows so it will always have more of a load on it than the 1 TB drive. You want to put the "Library" folders (Music, Documents, Downloads, etc) onto the 1 TB hard drive and otherwise just monitor how full the 128 gig drive is getting and move stuff over to the other. 128 gigs is smallish but adequate for today's computing if you are even a little bit vigilant. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

No there is no way to balance the load. The 128 gig SSD will run Windows so it will always have more of a load on it than the 1 TB drive. You want to put the "Library" folders (Music, Documents, Downloads, etc) onto the 1 TB hard drive and otherwise just monitor how full the 128 gig drive is getting and move stuff over to the other. 128 gigs is smallish but adequate for today's computing if you are even a little bit vigilant. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. I assume that this means that the 128GB SSD will come configured as the C: drive and will contain the pre-installed operating system (Win 10) but that I will have to MOVE the Library folders to the 1TB drive which will be 😧

HP Recommended

Yes I am pleased to see my explanation was understandable. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.