Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Greetings!

I repair HP Commercial desktops, all in one pcs, and laptops. Maybe have a little more experience than commercial users. 😄😅

A relatively new issue, that some windows 11 (22H2) (Currently I don't know Win10) wont start Bios update .exe file.

## What I know:
  - Windows 11 has an option in "Properties" to prevent execute files that downloaded from internet. -> probably the problem is not this.
  - After double click on fresh downloaded latest bios update on 22H2 windows nothing happens.
  - Same nothing when execute from CMD. or run as Administrator or execute from CMD with administrator privileges.
  - When I create a bios update USB stick with this .exe on a different computer, the bios update is success. (So the downloaded .exe is OK. )

## My Questions
1. Is this a known bug?
2. Known the system binary dependencies to start bios.exe? (For example, .Net Framework 4.5 or newer...etc)
When this is a software error, what dependencies need I check/repair for starting bios .exe file?
3. As a technician can I ask advanced support for HP devices?

4. I found HP CMSL (Client Management Script Library). Is this capable for find and Update the latest bios for windows, instead of manual action?
(https://developers.hp.com/hp-client-management/doc/client-management-script-library)
I see only the "Get-HPBIOSWindowsUpdate" tool. How sure this found the latest bios?
And this is can Apply "Add-HPBIOSWindowsUpdateScripts" the latest bios or just the bios found by Microsoft?
I need to save user from Update bios at home, because is more dangerous than update by a technician.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Mrrlton 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

"Unable to update amifldrv64.sys"

--->>> Please read this post

Kind regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Mrrlton 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

"Unable to update amifldrv64.sys"

--->>> Please read this post

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for answer! Probably this is the real solution. So waiting for HP.

I will try this as soon as possible. 

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello @Mrrlton 

The pleasure is mine !

Kind regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.