Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 – 15-df1711ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

when will be full driver support available for HP Spectre x360 – 15-df1711ng for Windows 10-64Bit 1909 (10.0.18363)?

Installing missing drivers from (https://support.hp.com/de-de/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-15-df1000-x360-convertible-pc-series/260...) doesn't work for all devices, message is "The driver is not supported on this OS Version (10.0.18363)"

HpSpectrex360-15-df1711ng.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is a peer to peer forum.  We would not be able to answer when HP is going to fix the problem with the drivers and v1909.

The same thing has happened to me, and this is what I did for the devices that wouldn't install...

If you did not delete the driver folders in the C:\SWSetup folder, try manually installing each driver as follows...

For example the SMBus Controller....

Go to the device manager, click on the SMBus controller needing the driver.  Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp98827 (I picked the latest one on the support page).

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

You should be able to install the drivers for all of those devices in your screenshot that way.

I can't understand why such a small update to W10 caused these major problems with the drivers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is a peer to peer forum.  We would not be able to answer when HP is going to fix the problem with the drivers and v1909.

The same thing has happened to me, and this is what I did for the devices that wouldn't install...

If you did not delete the driver folders in the C:\SWSetup folder, try manually installing each driver as follows...

For example the SMBus Controller....

Go to the device manager, click on the SMBus controller needing the driver.  Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp98827 (I picked the latest one on the support page).

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

You should be able to install the drivers for all of those devices in your screenshot that way.

I can't understand why such a small update to W10 caused these major problems with the drivers.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

thanks for your answer!

I've installed OS from scratch with latest OS Version, so no C:\SWSetup Folder exists anymore - but by trying to install the Drivers (sp*.exe), the SWSetup Folder is created as unpack Folder.

I was able to install all Drivers with device Manager from there.

Cheers

MArtin

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Martin.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.