Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13-ap0010na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a 2 week old Spectre x360 13

It is connected via a docking hub to dual monitors and a wireless keyboard / mouse set.

Wake from key board and from mouse is set as on

When the display turns off it can be bought back using the keyboard or mouse.

However when it goes into sleep mode then only the power button will wake it up. It normally also needs the hub to be disconnected to wake .

The computer is brand new. It has done this since I took it out of the box last week.

I have checked that the drivers are up to date.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Chimaera

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Do you experience the same problem waking up the Notebook from sleep mode without the docking hub?

Meanwhile I  suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows has all the latest updates

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the resposne. I can confirm that I have checked that everything was up to date.

The laptop did this as delivered out of the box when I would expect everything to work. I have alreadycarried out the HP and WIndows updates and this did not change the behaviour of the laptop.

Does this mean that there is a funamental fault with these laptops? It's not the first post that I have seen mentioning this issue.

HP Recommended

@Chimaera

Thanks for keeping me posted

Please try these steps

1. Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard, then choose Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. Copy and paste this command:
    "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth"
    "sfc /scannow" - Without quotations.
  3. Next, Click the Windows icon on your screen, then search for msconfig.
  4. Select System Configuration from the search results.
  5. On the Services tab
  6. Once done, click on Disable all.
  7. Go to Startup tab, click on Open Task Manager.
  8. Once the Task Manager is up, go to Startup tab.
  9. Click on each item, then click Disable.
  10. Close the Task Manager.
  11. On the Startup tab in System Configuration, click Apply then OK.
  12. Restart the Notebook

Check if the issue persists

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Very detialed steps thank you.

I got right to step 12 however I could not do this as there were no options.

It states:

'To manage startup items, use the Startup section of Task Manager'

There is a link back to the task manager tab you used in step 8.

The apply button is greyed out.

I have re-enabled the startup items. Restarted the computer and will monitor.

There were no error messages from the commands in line 2

HP Recommended

@Chimaera,

I am responding on behalf of @KrazyToad as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Please test the computer and check whether the issue is resolved.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

The laptop when into  strange state.

I reversed steps 3-6 above:

1. Select System Configuration from the search results.
  2. On the Services tab
  3. Once done, click on Disable all.

and 'enabled all'  this has mostly bought the machine back to normal.

I am getting the screen to shut down but sleep is not activating.

I have reduced the sleep timer to 5 minutes when plugged in.  After 10 minutes the fans were still running (note fans are set to optimise performance and temperature).

HP Recommended

@Chimaera,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below artilce and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03383935

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've waited a few days to see how the system behaves. The screen is turning off as expected but the laptop is not going into sleep mode.

I have followed the instructions in the link in the previous email re sleep and hibernate but I think this is now related to the advice given on the 8th December where I was unable to follow all the steps as the options were not available on my machine.

I had to re-enable all the times disable in lines 5 and 6 of this email. I did an 'enable all' however unless everything was previously enabled than there might be something running now that should not have been.

HP Recommended

@Chimaera,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you perform a restore on the computer back to the date when everything was working fine.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a system restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.