Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I was wondering, is there any way to control fan speeds on my spectre x360? When I launch some graphics demanding apps or games it overheats pretty quickly and fans seem not to be always working on their max speed. I saw a similiar question about other laptop, just hope that answer here would be different.

I've already updgraded everything (drivers, windows etc.) I could; laptop is about week old, so no dust; it's standing on a glass table in a ventilated room and yadda yadda yadda, I'm really just interested in manually controlling fans, not seeking the way around like cooling pads or so 🙂

Would really appreciate an answer, thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @Omniptizator

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums. 

I understand that you are looking to know if there is a way to manually control the fan speed on the computer, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Even though you have mentioned that you have updated all the drivers, I would still recommend you to run HP Support Assistant to make sure BIOS and chipset are updated. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance in using HPSA. 

The fan speed on the computer cannot be manually controlled and it is automatically controlled based on the temperature of the CPU. 

If you could help me with the exact product number of your computer, I might be able to research more and check if there is any softpaq available to resolve the issue you are facing. 

Click here for assistance in finding the product number of your computer. Please do not share the serial number of your computer. 

HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.