Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 mystery keyboard and touchpad issue

Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

20200222_155407.jpg

Hi all,

I have an HP Spectre x360 laptop and the keyboard and touchpad aren't working.

This has only been the case since the screen on it was replaced (which works perfectly). As soon as the computer boots up all seems to work.

I can press ESC to get me into the diagnostic menu and the keyboard test shows it as working perfectly but as soon as I boot it up normally and get to the welcome screen it stops working.

If I run keyboard and touchpad tests through device manager after it has booted up (using the touchscreen), I get no response.

Does it need a reset of some sort? The fact that the keyboard works in test mode would seem to suggest the hardware is in order? Any troubleshooting tips greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
20,194 20,139 1,868 4,456
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jhthom 

Did you get the screen replaced under warranty by HP?  If so, you need to contact them to have them check out the issue with the PC to see how this can be fixed.

IF not, then you need to check with the shop that replaced the screen to have them check it out.

Sorry, but this is only a self-help Community forum and we have no way of diagnosing or repairing your PC from here.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, the computer is no longer under warranty and I replaced the screen myself, therefore hoping someone in the community can give me a hand.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation