Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13.5 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 14-ef0000 (3Y838AV)

'Standard hardware security not supported'

Device Security is saying Standard hardware security not supported...I've tried everything google suggests !

Secure Boot State - On

BIOS Mode - UEFI

tpm.msc - The TPM is ready for use.

DEP - On for all applications.

Plus one or two others. Still showing it. I had to re install Windows when I bought the laptop...I think this is the issue. Its driving me mad now!

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Make sure virtualization is on.  

If on, try turning it off and back on.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

I've tried that..it didn't work. Thanks, Si 

HP Recommended

Is there any indication of what is causing this?

The following checklist might be useful

https://www.minitool.com/backup-tips/standard-hardware-security-not-supported.html

when you bring up Windows Security, examine each of the items that are not checked to see what the problem is.  I had trouble with Device Security's "Core Isolation" and when I expanded it and looked at details I got a list of drivers that had to be removed my system.

I might be useful to go into the bios and press F9 or whatever does the factory reset and do that for every page of the bios, not just the first page.

HP Recommended

Thanks..I tried all of the above apart  from reverting back to Windows 10. I think the problem actually started when I reset Windows 11.

I'm stumped.

HP Recommended

...I cant get Core Isolation. I cant even get near it. I'm suspecting this is an unfixable problem having Googled. Its a £1500 Laptop too! I bought it 2nd hand but only a year old. Bonkers. 

HP Recommended

@qunvat69 wrote:

...I cant get Core Isolation. I cant even get near it. I'm suspecting this is an unfixable problem having Googled. Its a £1500 Laptop too! I bought it 2nd hand but only a year old. Bonkers. 

win10 has same device security.  If a driver fails core security in 11 it will fall in 10

What does core security show for the problem drivers?  This is my list.

BadDrivers.png

The above drivers are ancient and no chance of ever getting upgraded.  Any home system can just disable core security.  If you work for a company that requires core security and allows you to access the internet then let the network manager handle the problem.  Otherwise it is  a non-problem IMHO.

You mentioned 

@qunvat69 wrote:

I had to re install Windows when I bought the laptop...I think this is the issue. Its driving me mad now!

Possibly you could try a factory restore by going to the Microsoft Store and downloading the HP cloud recovery app as described here

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4511095-4511141-16

Create the USB and use it to install the factory software.  Let me know if it works.

What is the full product ID on the label attached to your system? It should have 3 letters after the # character.

HP Recommended

I cant access Core Isolation, it wont let me. Windows 11. I've already done a factory restore....updated all current updates. I'm reasonably good with computers but stuck on this one. I've Googled lots. It seems its unfixable. Very Poor.  

HP Recommended

Ask over at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

if you get a solution, please come back here and explain it.   At least 200 users have looked at this post so there is some interest.  Googling I see a lot more with the same question.  Some answers are to upgrade win11 to win11-23h2

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.