Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProBook 455 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Freshly bought ProBook 455 G7, installed with Windows 10 Pro 21H1. First off, i didn't use the preinstalled Windows Image because i can't stand uninstalling Bloatware for an hour.

So, after setting up Windows i tried installing Support Assistant downloaded from the official source (https://www.hp.com/ch-de/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html) and i always get the same Error Message: "Failed to extract CAB". I have tried downloading it with different browsers, changed installation/extraction paths in the setup assistant and started it as Administrator, despite being logged in as the admin. Created a secondary admin profile, same effect.

What i find funny is that Windows Smart Screen is telling me it blocked the setup file used for the support assistant installation, so i turned off every built-in antivirus tool Windows uses, with the same result. Edge tells me that the software isn't signed properly and is probably dangerous...

I'm now installing Windows 10 20H2 to see if it has something to do with Windows 10 Version, but help would still be appreciated. Or someone notify the guys pushing out this software to update it so SmartScreen doesn't see it as dangerous.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Nope, definitely doesn't work with Windows 10 20H2 either, same SmartScreen Warning, same error message. God damnit guys

HP Recommended

I get the same error and Windows Defender warnings. I will reinstall the older version until a properly signed version available  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.