Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre 360x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!  Support assistant does not install, please see image for error message

Framework Services was uninstalled before as well.error.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello!

I was trying to start the installer manually. It did a self extraction, but did not start itself. So I just found where it has extracted the archive (c:\swsetup\sp78153) and started installation.

Maybe there was something left of the "hp solutions framework" and these things are impeding installing HPSA.

Thank you anyway!

There is a solution I came to - I did a complete win 10 reset. Everything is working now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

AlexGedz

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Are you opening a Command Windows and trying to execute the installer?

The HP Support Assistant is usually distributed as a softpaq file -- and this is a self-extracting archive -- and to execute this kind of file, you simply double-click it.

See if that works.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello!

I was trying to start the installer manually. It did a self extraction, but did not start itself. So I just found where it has extracted the archive (c:\swsetup\sp78153) and started installation.

Maybe there was something left of the "hp solutions framework" and these things are impeding installing HPSA.

Thank you anyway!

There is a solution I came to - I did a complete win 10 reset. Everything is working now.

HP Recommended

I have had that problem on Win10 64-bit . Having waited 20 minutes waiting for HP Installer to start, "A separate installer has launched. You may have to perform necessary actions to complete the  installation".  While waiting I looked for  solutions unsuccessfully  (e.g. HP Customer Support website did not respond to any query, it just hung), HP Installer suddenly started version 3.0.3.5253.

The green line on this gradually moved across the window over 10 minutes, then reverted back to the beginning again. And it has just gone back to the beginning again. So I am off to lunch leaving it running to see what happens.

I came back to a window asking me to install HP drivers - "this may take several minutes".  HP Installer: the green line has been stuck about 1/8 along  for about 5 minutes , and occassionally says "Not responding" .  Meanwhile the original window with "A separate installer has launched. You may have to perform necessary actions to complete the  installation"  is still running.

"Suport Assistant"?  doesn't seem like it!  There is a limit to the amount of patience one has with defective software.

HP Recommended

After a few hours, I came back to the computer. The "HP LaserJet Profesional CP1520 Series" Install Software, 2nd stage >Connect your product now.  > 1. Make sure the product is turned on [done that] > 2. Connect the USB cable now [did that]. But the Next button is still greyed out, so the installer is not able to install.

So this installer cannot see the computer, even though the computer can see it. The USB connection is at the end of an extender cable.

HP Recommended

There isn't any amount of time or patience able to cure defective software. Ctrl alt del: these are my best friends)))

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.