Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-BS015DXS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently had to uninstall the Support assistant because it had a bug; there were no longer any checkboxes next to updates available.  I used a third-party app, CCleane,r to uninstall the program.  I rebooted the computer to clean up any residuals from the uninstall. 

To get the new app I wnt to this website: https://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_in/en/any/psg/p...

The file name is: sp105523.exe

When I opened the file I got the main page with program info. The next screen was the License agreement page; I clicked accept and then it gave me the install directory of :c:\SWSetup\.  I then got the file extracting page followed by a very brief popup of the cmd/prompt black box.

Then nothing.  The program didn't install!!  No desktop icon, it didn't show up in Settings/Apps, or the start menu.  I tried again and again nothing.  I then went to the install directory and tried the following to .exe files: Setup.exe and InstallHPSA.exe.  Neither one did anything.

I am stumped and any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ScubaJoe1313

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please uninstall HPSA and restart the Notebook. Then run the SFC SCAN. Link:https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Try reinstalling HPSA

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried the cmd from the link you gave me and got an error msg.  I dug a little and found out that you have to run,,,checkhealth and ...scanhealthe before you run ...restorehealth and then run the scan.  The scan found no integrity violations.

I then wiped out the directory for the install failure. I then tried again and, unfortunately, no install.  The install went exactly as I said above.

I would appreciate your assistance.  Not only do I want to do those system updates, but my HP Orbit stopped working and I found out that Support Assistant must be installed for it to work.

Thank you again

HP Recommended

@ScubaJoe1313

Check with a new user account

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Again, thank you for your continued help.

I created a new account, gave it administrator privileges, d/l' ed the file, and attempted the install.  

Same result.

Any further possible solutions would be great.

HP Recommended

This seems to be an OS corruption. At this point I suggest you perform a Reset

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.