Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
W2L52UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

An update for the HP Sure Connect is being offered but will not install. How can I install it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok, I solved the problem for my issue. I could not get it to install with the "install button" or the "download and install" button as I had stated. My remedy was to uninstall with my Revo Uninstaller and check for any left overs with my Agent Ransack, there wasn't anything left. I reinstalled it from the HP support  "software and drivers" section. It is now ok.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my Pavillion Notebook V7R92LA

If someone knows the answer, I'll hope that tell us the way to solve it.

Thanxs for everyone.

Greatings from Mexico.

HP Recommended

Here are the steps to fix the installation of this update:

1. do the installation manually by clicking "install now" after ticking (choosing) the item on your action log of HP Support Assistant.

2. a pop screen will come up for installing the update. Just follow up the steps on that screen & make ure to select "replace all" for the program files dowload.

3. Next on the installation poped up screen, select "REPAIR" to have the new downloaded files fix any existing errors with the program old related files.

4. on the final poped up screen, click "restart system" and that's it.

5.  you can verify the installation of the update by re-running updates again via HP Support Assistant & when done click on the Action Log for reading the status.

Hoping the above solve the issue for you as it have done so for mine. 

HP Recommended

Hi Naimi928,    Thanks for the suggestion. When I do this I don't get the option to select anything. I have tried it before. I tried the download and install again about 20 minutes ago and it is still running an installer.

HP Recommended

@sydney417 wrote:

Hi Naimi928,    Thanks for the suggestion. When I do this I don't get the option to select anything. I have tried it before. I tried the download and install again about 20 minutes ago and it is still running an installer.

I had the same issue (failed installation and initially no option to repair), deleted the update, went to activity log and downloaded it via the download icon (not by selecting the check box and selecting the button to the right that says "download and install").  Once I did that, a separate installation window appeared, where the option to repair comes up after the usual agree to terms etc.  I selected repair, it completed the installation and told me to restart, which I did.  The update still shows as "deleted" in the activity log, however no errors have popped up like before, I rescanned for updates, says there are none.  So far, it appears to have completed successfully, I will update this post if it turns out it did not.

HP Recommended

Ok, I solved the problem for my issue. I could not get it to install with the "install button" or the "download and install" button as I had stated. My remedy was to uninstall with my Revo Uninstaller and check for any left overs with my Agent Ransack, there wasn't anything left. I reinstalled it from the HP support  "software and drivers" section. It is now ok.

HP Recommended

Your suggestion worked for me. Thanks.

HP Recommended

That did the trick. Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi Haronno,

I am glad the given suggestion worked for you too.

Regards,

Naimi928

HP Recommended

If my method helped anyone glad to be of service.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.