Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13
Other

Hello community & especially to HP team

When HP will start roll out & update Synaptics Fingerprint Driver for Windows 11?

I have successfully upgrade to Windows 11, but finger driver is no longer available and unable to setup Windows Hello and Finger login.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Check your windows update settings and see if there are driver updates ready to install under the advanced options>optional updates section.  There is a good chance you will find several drivers ready to install including the Synaptics fingerprint sensor drive.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1635082816962.png

Paul_Tikkanen_1-1635082843140.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Check your windows update settings and see if there are driver updates ready to install under the advanced options>optional updates section.  There is a good chance you will find several drivers ready to install including the Synaptics fingerprint sensor drive.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1635082816962.png

Paul_Tikkanen_1-1635082843140.png

HP Recommended

I found the Synaptics fingerprint driver and I have installed it. However, it didn't solve the problem.

The fingerprint tool is still not working on my HP envy after updating with windows 11.

HP Recommended

Got the same problem here on ZBook 17 G8 running on Windows 11.
Tried reinstalling the drivers manually and through Windows Update several times - no luck there.
Always get the same message as device status: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

HP Recommended

Hi. Unfortunately this did not solved the issue. I am still unable to use fingerprint sensor on my auto-updated W11 laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.