Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

I am missing the Synaptics TouchPad App in Windows 10 (1909) that used to offer advanced configuration possibilities.

The driver installed is the latest from HP (19.5.35.47).

Downloading an Synaptics App from the Microsoft store is not possible.

What can I do to get back the advanced configuration?

Thanks.

Marc

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@NOx3 Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, follow the below steps exactly as mentioned though there could include steps you've already done, as they've known to be helpful when followed in the suggested sequence:

Here are a few steps that should help get the missing synaptics tab back:

Step 1: Go to Device Manager > Mice and other pointing devices. Right-click on the Synaptics option and go to Properties.

Synpatics Touchpad Tab Settings Missing 17

Step 2: Go to the Driver tab and note down the Driver Version (19.5.10.75 for my laptop).

Synpatics Touchpad Tab Settings Missing 12A

Step 3: Click on Update Driver.

Synpatics Touchpad Tab Settings Missing 13

Step 4: Click on ‘Browse my computer for driver software.

Step 5: Click on ‘Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.’

Step 6: Now select a version less than the one that you noted above. In my case, it is 19.5.10.69 version. Click Next and you will be asked to restart the PC.

Once you log in again, open Control Panel and go to Mouse settings. The Synaptics tab will be happily sitting there. Click it to modify TouchPad/ClickPad settings and you can make the necessary changes.

If none of the methods mentioned above bring back the Synaptics tab, install Synaptics app from the Microsoft store. Once installed, launch it and you will be able to modify its settings.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for the message.

Following your first method: There is no driver version on my computer that shows a lower version number than the one that is installed (19.5.35.47).

The second method (installing an app for MSI?) results in an error (Code: 0x803FB005).

Any other ideas?

Thanks and regards

Marc

HP Recommended

@NOx3 It could be an issue with admin privileges or OS software conflicting, perhaps, you could create a new user account and check if that works with the suggested steps, without the errors you are currently getting: click here for steps.

Keep us posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.