Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g7t-1100 CTO Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi
Currently, the touch pad on my computer cannot perform gestures because it is missing the driver. Can anyone help me find the Driver for Touch pad?.

Here is the Hardware ID code of the Touch pad:  ACPI\SYN1E40
Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the driver you need...

This package provides the driver that enables the Synaptics TouchPad in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The driver enables general touchpad functionality (for example double-tap and scroll) and provides a user interface.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53501-54000/sp53851.exe 

You can find all the drivers for your notebook at the link below...

HP Pavilion g7t-1100 CTO Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the driver you need...

This package provides the driver that enables the Synaptics TouchPad in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The driver enables general touchpad functionality (for example double-tap and scroll) and provides a user interface.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53501-54000/sp53851.exe 

You can find all the drivers for your notebook at the link below...

HP Pavilion g7t-1100 CTO Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support 

HP Recommended

Hi
Thanks for helping me.I wish you have a good day .

But I'm wondering: I remember HP deleted the Driver for old models (including mine) but how do you get the link to the driver page for these old models?

Thank you very much

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You are quite right.  I was shocked when that support page showed up.

I fully expected it not to be there, so I cannot explain why that one page survived the 10-year retirement policy.

I suggest you download and save all of the drivers and software on that page while you still can.

You have a good day too!

HP Recommended

Hi
I was quite surprised and shocked just like you. Now I can re-download the drivers that I am missing.
Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.