dan_facs
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Synaptics touchpad driver will not install

HP Recommended
HP Elitebook x360 830 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Synaptics Touchpad stopped working after a few Windows updates.  I do not know which one caused the problem.  Synaptics does not appear in Apps & Programs nor in Device Manager.  I download the Synaptics touchpad driver from the HP drivers site. I have uninstalled the touchpad device in Device Manager but it never installs the Synaptics driver.  I try to update the driver but it never updates.  The option to roll back the driver is grayed out.   I try to install as administrator but the installation just disappears from the screen with no error message and never finishes installing.  This has happened to 4-5 laptops and two different models:  EliteBook x360 830 G6 and Zbook.  The Synaptics driver is version 19.5.9.45.

I have an older HP EliteBook 840 G3 with a Synaptics 19.0.19.69 touchpad driver with no issues.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation