Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: HP Pavilion - 15-au171tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was lately checking why my laptop is not compatible to get Windows 11 update which seemed really hursh to me. Later I found that in my laptop the compatible TPM is not found. Doesn't hp provide TPM with these models? if not, how can I upgrade my laptop to have compatible TPM to get windows 11. 

Hippercus_0-1624809578588.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Hippercus 

You need to know EVERYTHING that your system lacks for Windows 11, not just what the MS tool tells you.

Here is a link to a third-party tool that will check all the currently known requirements for Windows 11 and tell you what fails on your PC: https://github.com/rcmaehl/WhyNotWin11/releases

Do NOT try to download this using MS Edge as it flags it as malware -- which it is NOT -- use a different Browser instead.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks. But I have done that already and result is same.

Hippercus_0-1624813522026.png

HP Recommended

@Hippercus 

If a laptop comes with TPM hardware, then when you go into the UEFI settings for security, you will see the option to enable it.  If that option is not there, your model does not support it.

But ... there could be some hope about this ...

First, MS is getting a LOT of pushback over this TPM requirement.  Many folks out there have PCs only a few years old that fail the TPM check and are not upgradeable.  If MS really wants everyone on Win10 to move over to Win11, they have to make this possible without nearly all of us having to go out and buy new PCs!

Second, MS has said, like with the introduction of Win10, they are going to provide an Upgrade Path for folks running Win7 or Win8 to upgrade to Win11 for free.  Lots of those Win7 PCs won't meet the current Win11 hardware requirements.  So, MS is going to have to relax them if they want those folks to move to Win11.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.