Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-da100
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Good Afternoon,

I am running into an issue that states the following: "The CMOS checksum is invalid. The CMOS will be reset to the default configuration and will be rebooted. Please check your BIOS Setup options to see if they change. 

CMOS Reset (502)

ENTER - Reboot the system

For more information, please visit: www.HP.com/go/techcenter/setup" 

Now I've pulled the battery out and then plugged it back in - no luck there.

I've pushed "Enter" to reboot the system - no luck there.

I'm willing to replace the CMOS battery, but I'm not sure where it is on this model: HP 15-da100. Is it just the main battery source that needs replaced?

I've had this laptop for about a year and a half, this is maybe the third or fourth time I've turned it on in this time. So it sat ideal for over a year. I could attribute this issue to that. Looking for help or advice! Anything is helpful!! I very much appreciate any responses.

With kind Regards,

Dwido

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Dwido wrote:

... I'm willing to replace the CMOS battery, but I'm not sure where it is on this model: HP 15-da100. Is it just the main battery source that needs replaced?

@Dwido 

HP 15-da1xx machines do not have CMOS or RTC battery. Looks like the battery itself ran out of power after a year or so which caused this failure.

Can you charge battery now ? Please try that first.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Banhien,

I appreciate your reply! I've attempted to charge the battery and have not had luck. The same issue/message still persists when trying to power the laptop on. 

I've also gone ahead and purchased a replacement battery, and this also doesn't appear to have fixed the issue. The same message appears. When I press 'Enter' to reboot the loop continues.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again!

Derik

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.