Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-dw0031ni
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I originally got this laptop for college work about 2 years ago and it’s been giving me problems since day one. Mainly being the countless thermal shutdowns.

These have been the bane of my existence for the past 1 and a half or so years. They happen every single time I use this laptop with out fail no matter what I’m doing. Not to mention that it needed several hours of windows updates the day it was delivered and things would’ve probably updated a lot quicker had it not been thermal locking every single time an update needed to be installed. 

It’ll even thermal lock while I’m sitting in an online lecture with google chrome being the only thing open.

I have tried everything from talking to the provider I bought the laptop from to third party throttle stop applications to laptop cooling pads. 

All for naut.

This is my final attempt at trying to solve this issue. 

The specs are as follows:

- Intel core i7 quad core 8th gen

- 20gb 2400mhz memory 

- 2tb hard drive

- 4gb nvidia mx250

Thanks for any help/advice.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I installed a 3rd party application that monitors cpu temperatures, it reads about 60-70 degrees C before the laptop locks however the text displayed when I turn it back on says it was past 90. 

While I feel this is a very extreme temperature for just using chrome or installing windows, the laptop is rather hot to the touch. The single fan works however it’s never gotten above noticeably loud.

HP Recommended

Upon looking up my cpu (Intel core i7 8565U) the maximum operating temperature is apparently 100 degrees C

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.