Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Beats Special Edition
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Screen says. Thermal shutdown occurred.The system has detected that your notebook pc was put into hibernation or shutdown to avoid overheating. The system is now operating normally. Overheating may occur if the cooling vents are blocked or the operating temperature exceeds the specifications. The notebook should return to normal operation once the situation is resolved. System temp (90D).
Notebook model: Hp Beats Special Edition
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Mirulhimself,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are facing overheating issues. This can be caused by a non-functioning system fan, or if the air ducts are blocked. Overheating can reduce the life of your computer, so you will want to resolve this as soon as you can. Here are a few troubleshooting documents you can use to help you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the PC?

Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting this on HP Forums?

What is the fan’s status?

Is any plastic burned?

Are any external devices connected to the laptop?

Does the laptop overheat when using a specific application?

Does the laptop restart after shutting down or does it take time until it gets cool?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a hard reset on the Notebook

Update the Bios

Please go through the support documents for:

HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating - Click here

HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal - Click here

If the issue persists, I would suggest this to be a hardware failure, I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please refer to this video this will help you resolve the issue

https://youtu.be/ZgkI4_oCI-8

HP Recommended
I have try so many time. But it now working. Any other solution?
HP Recommended
Not*
HP Recommended

Hp thermal shutdown problem solved..  

use the following setting under battery icon on the right lower icon tray:

-go to battery option

-more power option

-change plan setting

-change advance power setting

-processor power management

-maximum processor state and change it to 65-70%..

mine is 65% and it works pretty well. i can now play fifa and many games as well and  even after a heavy internet browsing my laptop doesnt go to thermal shut down.. try it guys.. 

HP Recommended

In July 2018, I purchased an HP Pavilion 590-p0057c desktop computer from Costco for around $500. After using it for three weeks, a "Thermal Shutdown" message screen sporadically appeared, along with continuous beeps. I had no idea if this was some kind of virus or if there was a hardware issue. (I could have returned the computer to Costco, but after loading a lot of software and files on it, I was reluctant to do that.)

The first tech I took it to could not figure it out. All he did was install CC Cleaner. I then shipped the computer to HP support, who had it close to one month. All they did was replace a fan. (All the fans were working before I shipped it.) When I finally got back the computer, the Thermal Shutdown message still appeared.

I took it to a tech named Derrell, who I found on Yelp in San Diego. He spent quite a bit of time running a lot of diagnostic software and hardware tests. Derrell discovered there was too much "paste" covering the CPU; the paste was overflowing on the sides. He cleaned it up and since then, I have not gotten another Thermal Shutdown message. Derrell was the only tech to figure this out!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.