AMatteo
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Touchpad Driver accidentally deleted

HP Recommended
Zbook G4 mobile working station
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In an attempt to free some memory of my laptop i accidentally removed "Touchpad Driver". Now I'm not able to use multiple fingers to navigate, zoom in and scroll with my touchpad. In the software page for my device I could only find the driver for the mouse, installed anyway but does not seem to do anything.

Where can I find the right driver for this problem? The one I deleted was literally named touchpad driver and took up about 80MB of data.

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
134,889 124,245 20,664 31,755
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the touchpad drivers on the support page, the installation file sizes are all in the 190 MB area.

The driver is labeled Synaptics Mouse Driver.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-zbook-15-g4-mobile-workstation/14840009

This package contains the Synaptics Mouse driver. The driver provides advanced features such as PalmCheck, EdgeMotion, tap zones, double-tap, and tap-to-select. This package is provided for supported computer models running a supported operating system.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
AMatteo
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply. I downloaded the mouse driver but it does not seem to work. Therefore I assume there should be a specific Touchpad driver, for me still to be found however...

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
134,889 124,245 20,664 31,755
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that driver didn't work for you.

I don't see any other keyboard or touch type drives on the support page.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation