Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 14m-ba0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So the problem Started last week, And the only recent change I had was the October Windows 10 update install this week. But I don't really remember if the problem started before or after the update.

So, My Pavilion x360 14m-ba0xx mouse recently started occasionally becoming suddenly unresponsive. It would not only become unresponsive, but would also start jumping around and scrolling (a 2 finger gesture) while I would try to move the mouse around. It doesn't just fidget around, it becomes complete unusable. So, after doing some basic research I went through the regular procedure of updating drivers, reinstalling the ELAN Clickpad Driver, restarting the computer several times in the process. opened up the laptop to check if the Trackpad ribbon was loose (it seemed to be ok).

So the problem exists for a max of 30 sec, and reoccurs quite frequently, but not enough to render the Laptop unusable (besides touch screen still works). So from the ELAN touchpad settings I found that I could enable the ELAN pointing device indicator that goes in the tool bar and shows how many fingers the touchpad is currently registering (up to 5). when the mouse start glitching the touchpad would start register 1 or 2 extra fingers. even if I leave the touchpad alone and not touch it. Also the registered fingers seem to register at fixed points on the trackpad (i.e. the mouse doesn't move by its self if I don't touch the trackpad, even though the ghost touches are registering.)

I have also tried changing the touchpad Sensitivity from the System Settings, it didn't help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@IUseAPavX360
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps

and the issue persists, it sounds like hardware related issue, Hence, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.