Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Touchpad scroll not working running Ubuntu Linux

HP Recommended
Pavilion dv4
Linux

I downloaded the exe file provided to update the touchpad driver, but Linux of course did not recognize it.  Is there a Linux flavor of this driver? If not, I suppose I could boot back into Windows momentarily.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,629 9,535 770 3,539
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @lotusboy63 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 🙂

You should be clear with yourself and answer yourself - why do I want to use Linux? Linux OS is very different from Microsoft world.  I would recommend that you do not use Linux-based distros if you are not sure about the reason, if you are not patient, not willing to deep-dive into certain issues. Here is some useful reading   1   2.

Officially, HP does not provide support for Linux-based distros for many of its devices. Most successful with support are commercial devices (business class computers) .

.exe files are Wndows files and they will not work on Linux-based operating system.

and >> https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/31632/what-is-the-linux-kernel-and-what-does-it-do/

• While I do not guarantee 100% success, I may provide some steps if you are willing to try and if you have enough time. Let me know.
  • Alternatively, you may return back to Windows OS and use whatever works best for you. ▶️

Your feedback and update are important.
Click below on Accept As Solution and Likes+ icon if my comments helped or to say thanks

I work for HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only and do not speak for HP *** My location: Europe *** Volunteer

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation